The Director of Marketing reports to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing and will have continuous interaction with Binary Tree’s senior management team and technical subject matter experts.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all Binary Tree marketing strategies, marketing activities, marketing communications, telemarketing campaigns and public relations activities, both external and internal. This position will also oversee the development and implementation of support materials in the area of marketing, communications and public relations.
Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the company and partner community.
Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations
• Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance Binary Tree’s image and position within the messaging marketplace while continuously driving additional leads and opportunities into the sales pipeline
• Ensure articulation of Binary Tree’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the company, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external. Monitor online brand and ensure Binary Tree representation in all appropriate online communications including timely and effective blogging and staff commentary.
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Binary Tree marketing materials.
• Responsible for the selection, planning and execution of all trade show related activities with the objective of maximizing Binary Tree exposure at the event and driving the maximum amount of leads into the sales pipeline.
• Responsible for maintaining Binary Tree’s webinar schedule and selecting, planning and executing all the necessary activities to drive maximum attendance to each event.
• Coordinate media interest in Binary Tree and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
• Act as the Organization’s primary representative with the media and coordinate contact with the appropriate subject matter experts when necessary.
• Coordinate the appearance of all Binary Tree’s print and electronic materials such as web sites, business cards, letter-head, use of logo, brochures, etc.
• Develop, coordinate and manage Binary Tree’s telemarketing team, which has a distinct focus of driving daily leads to the sales team. This task also includes lists collection and calling coordination of said lists.
Planning and Budgeting
• Develops annual marketing plan in conjunction with sales department, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus on meeting defined sales objectives.
• To manage the Marketing Department Budget. Delivery of all marketing activity within agreed budget.
• Responsible for the achievement of marketing, communications, public relations goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and progress is continuously monitored and reported to weekly senior management.Develop short and long-term marketing plans and budgets for the marketing programs and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and continuously evaluate performance.
• Recommend short and long-term organization goals and objectives to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
• Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the productive operation of the marketing, communications and public relations function.
• Monitor and report on all online competitive marketing communications. Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations for the messaging market.
• Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
• Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
• Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
• Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities within the IT Industry, preferably within the Microsoft Ecosystem.
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
• Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
• Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
• Experience running successful telemarketing campaigns.
• Proven negotiation experience with vendors.
• Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout with working knowledge of SalesForce.com, Pardot, Kentico, Adobe and HTML.
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
• Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
• Ability to travel out of town, domestically and internationally, for up to a week at a time when needed.
• Outstanding interpersonal and people skills.
• Minimum of 10-years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably within the Microsoft ecosystem.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
• International marketing experience preferred.
• Resides in/near Redmond, Washington or in the NYC Metro Area with easy access to Middlesex County, NJ.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.